World Kidney Day (WKD) is a joint initiative of the International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and the International Federation of Kidney Foundations (IFKF).
Since the first campaign over eleven years ago, World Kidney Day (WKD) has turned into a global phenomenon. On March 9, 2017, medical professionals, government officials, the general public, celebrities and patients will take action locally. Past World Kidney Days have seen more than 600 events in well over 90 countries participating in the World Kidney Day celebrations!
In the most colorful way, they raised awareness about our amazing kidneys. The WKD website became the starting point for celebrations worldwide.
World Kidney Day 2017
The next World Kidney Day will be held on Thursday March 9, 2017. The theme for 2017 will focus on Kidney Disease & Obesity - Healthy Lifestyle for Healthy Kidneys. To get the 2017 campaign started or for more information on World Kidney Day, visit the World Kidney Day website or contact the WKD Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of World Kidney Day is to raise awareness of the importance of our kidneys to our overall health and to reduce the frequency and impact of kidney disease and its associated health problems worldwide.
- Raise awareness about our "amazing kidneys"
- Highlight that diabetes and high blood pressure are key risk factors for Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Encourage systematic screening of all patients with diabetes and hypertension for CKD
- Encourage preventive behaviors
- Educate all medical professionals about their key role in detecting and reducing the risk of CKD, particularly in high risk populations
- Stress the important role of local and national health authorities in controlling the CKD epidemic.
Health authorities worldwide will have to deal with high and escalating costs if no action is taken to treat the growing number of people with CKD. On World Kidney Day all governments are encouraged to take action and invest in further kidney screening.
Visit the World Kidney Day website at www.worldkidneyday.org.
Our WKD Partners
Our WKD Supporters
Our WKD Benefactors
Baxter International Inc.
Fresenius Medical Care