To apply for ISN membership CLICK HERE
Join ISN today and be part of the leading global society advancing kidney care around the world. You will not only receive many valuable member benefits (see below) but you will also be supporting ISN's mission of building kidney health equality worldwide.
Improve Kidney Care Around the World by Building Sustainable Capacity
- A large part of your membership dues go directly to fund ISN Programs and Initiatives that are making a real and sustainable difference in the treatment of kidney disease around the world, particularly in developing countries.
Access to Leading Scientific Journals in Nephrology
- Kidney International*, ISN’s official journal, is one of the most cited in nephrology and widely regarded as the world’s premier journal on the development and consequences of kidney disease. Print and online access is free with your ISN membership (worth between $1,525 and $1,650 depending on where you live). Effective with the January 2016 issue, KI includes a new section titled Nephrology Digest, which presents summaries of and comments on recently published basic science and clinical investigations of interest to the journal’s global readership. This replaced access to Nature Reviews Nephrology as of January 2016.
- Kidney International Supplements, a peer-reviewed companion journal to KI focused on sponsored, topical content of interest to the nephrology community.
- Kidney International Reports (NEW in 2016), an online open access journal which publishes a broad range of articles encompassing clinical and translation research and includes the opportunity to publish articles at a reduced rate.
Reduced Subscription Rates to Scientific Publications
- Nature Reviews Nephrology, a peer-reviewed journal for nephrologists and affiliated health-care professionals. The journal delivers timely interpretations of key scientific developments in nephrology and related areas of study. (ISN members can subscribe at $59 per year for online access).
- Seminars in Nephrology, publishes scholarly review articles on subjects of current importance in the specialty. A 12-month online subscription to Seminars includes an encyclopedic archive of all topical issues from 2001 to the current year. ISN members can subscribe at $60 per year (instead of $326 in the US or $491 elsewhere); ISN In-Training members can subscribe at $30 per year.
Reduced Rates at World Renowned Events
- ISN World Congress of Nephrology is the leading biennial educational event in international nephrology, attracting attendance from the worldwide nephrology community, including physicians, academicians, and clinical and basic researchers, as well as other healthcare professionals involved in multidisciplinary nephrology care. It not only features a world-class scientific program but also reflects the unique role of ISN’s efforts in advancing renal care in the developing and developed world.
- ISN Nexus Symposia bridge the gap between basic research and clinical practice and offer a profound focus on translational medicine and clinical application. The Nexus symposia aim to address the increasingly multidisciplinary approach to kidney health issues by bringing together researchers and practicing clinicians to advance science and treatment around highly targeted and specific themes of current relevance.
- ISN Forefronts Symposia focus on emerging and groundbreaking research. They gather nephrologists and active investigators from surrounding medical areas to explore new scientific domains and review the latest developments in kidney disease.
Access to ISN Educational & Collaborative Resources
- ISN Education is a comprehensive collection of educational resources with a database of articles, case studies, guidelines, presentations, and images. It also includes special resources like Ask the Experts, Global Outreach Postings and Webinars.
- ISN Member Directory helps to connect and collaborate with other fellow members.
- Northern Light - access to an extensive multidisciplinary database with over two million cutting-edge abstracts accessible
Eligibility for ISN Capacity-Building Programs and Society Committees
- As an ISN member, you benefit from many exclusive opportunities and openings with the Society. You can apply for or contribute to one of the many ISN Programs offering valuable training and educational activities for kidney specialists of all levels, clinical physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Members have voting rights* and are eligible to serve on ISN Committees*. From the ISN Young Nephrologists Committee to the ISN Council there are lots of opportunities to get involved with and guide the workings of the Society.
Access to Society News and Nephrology Updates
- ISN News is ISN’s quarterly newsletter showcasing a round-up of the latest happenings within the Society, including in-depth articles on pressing issues and initiatives, plus illuminating extras like member profiles and reports on Society gatherings.
- ISN Insight is the Society’s weekly e-mail newsletter providing updates on ISN daily activities and initiatives, nephrology news, journal content, unique member services and upcoming ISN events.
- ISN Gateway is ISN’s official website providing the primary outlet for publishing programs, initiatives and activities and the main access point to Kidney International online content.
- ISN Social Media allow members to stay connected, engaged and up-to-date on ISN’s vast efforts around the world in addition to sharing education, research, professional developments and leadership opportunities.
* available to applicable member categories
For any further information relating to ISN Membership or any of ISN’s programs, activities and member services, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISN Member Directory helps to connect and collaborate with other fellow members.