The Forum will take place just prior to the opening of the World Congress of Nephrology 2017, and will bring together a broad spectrum of voices, perspectives and best practices to support the development and implementation of patient-centered, integrated, effective and economically-sound kidney health programs based on globally-applicable policy recommendations in the Latin American region and beyond.
Some of the issues addressed during the meeting will include:
- Updated epidemiological and economic data on kidney disease in Latin America
- The needs of patients and their families for better quality of care and innovation
- Latin American success stories illustrating multi-disciplinary and integrated approaches within wider non-communicable disease prevention programs
- An overview of the major ethical issues related to dialysis and transplantation
- Preliminary recommendations to guide practice and policy
The Forum builds on the ISN Vancouver Global Kidney Health Summit, which described a comprehensive Roadmap to address shortcomings in care, advocacy, research and policy in nephrology, worldwide. The outputs of that summit will be published in the Lancet, at the time of the WCN.
The ISN Global Kidney Policy Forum, which provides an ever-growing opportunity to gather an international viewpoint on key issues related to the prevention and management of kidney care, will be the first in a series of ISN Policy Forum meetings that will take place at regular intervals and focusing on different regions.
To stay to up to date on this event, CLICK HERE.