Open to share your research expertise with the world’s nephrology community?
ISN iNET-CKD (International Network of Chronic Kidney Disease cohort studies) is building an international network of existing, independentlyfunded Chronic Kidney Disease cohort studies.
Bring your experience to the table, improving research opportunities using patient-level data and biosamples, broadening educational experiences for investigators, and enhancing the impact of observational cohort studies in CKD.
Any question? Please email us at email@example.com
iNET-CKD Purpose and Goals
Understanding CKD progression and its consequences can be enhanced through collaboration among study investigators implementing observational research studies in CKD.
The iNET-CKD’s goals are:
1. To promote and enhance research opportunities using patient-level data and bio-samples to understand CKD progression and outcomes;
2. To enhance research capacity around the world through education, especially as pertains to the conduct of observational cohort studies;
3. To assist investigators establish CKD cohort studies.
iNET-CKD Membership Eligibility criteria
1. Observational studies of CKD
- based on a priori hypotheses and study objectives
- study individuals with CKD
- collect longitudinal data prospectively
- examine a broad spectrum of CKD-related health outcomes
- collect and analyze bio-samples
2. sample size >1000 in adult studies and >300 in pediatric studies
3. duration of follow up >3 years
- ESRD cohorts
- General population cohorts
- randomized controlled trials
- clinical databases
While iNET-CKD principally includes prospective observational studies of predialysis CKD patients, it also welcomes affiliate member studies such as regional registries of CKD patients or well-designed cohort studies (e.g investigators conducting prospective cohort research without, for now, the collection of biosamples) for which all of the inclusion criteria have not been met.
Decisions regarding the inclusion of affiliate member studies will be made by the iNET-CKD Core Group. Affiliate Member Cohort Studies that fulfill some but not all membership criteria will also be welcomed into iNET-CKD upon approval by the Core Group. Affiliate Member Cohort Studies will not serve on the Core Group
iNET-CKD Cohort studies Members Lists
H3Africa Kidney Disease Research Network
RRID (and R2ID)
Triple A Kidney Project
HRHP-Uruguay (Renal Health Program of Uruguay)
iNET-CKD Core Group Members:
Harold Feldman (Chair)
Kai-Uwe Eckardt (Deputy chair)
Roberto Pecoits Filho
ISN Research Staff:
Sandrine Damster - firstname.lastname@example.org