ISN Interventional Nephrology Training Centers
The ISN establishes specialized training centers that provide in-depth training in interventional nephrology to improve patient care in different regions of the world.
Through this initiative, selected centers will help trainees to:
- develop sound expertise in interventional nephrology
- provide a better quality of care for dialysis patients in their home country
- train others in their home institution
ISN Interventional Nephrology Training Centers will host trainees for two types of curriculum:
- Foundation course (2-4 weeks): specific interventional procedures; observational and hands-on training with patients.
- Advanced course (3 months): a broad spectrum of procedures, especially endovascular procedures; hands-on training with patients.
The ISN will support trainees from low and middle-income countries with grants contributing to their travel, accommodation, and living costs during the training.
Before joining a training center, trainees must follow didactic sessions on the ISN Academy.
Selected centers will be recognized as ISN Interventional Nephrology Training Centers for five years (subject to a year’s provisional approval.)
Institutions from all countries (low, middle, or high-income) may apply. The deadline is October 15.
Eligibility criteria to become an ISN Interventional Nephrology Training Center:
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in interventional nephrology
- Have performed at least 200 specific interventional nephrology procedures in the last 12 months.
- Staff involved in training at these centers should be active members of the ISN community with full ISN Membership.
This initiative is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from