Meetings and Events Manager
Job title Meetings & Events Manager
Reporting to Meetings & Events Director
Direct reports None
Job location Brussels, Belgium
Start date May 2018
Global job responsibility
Full project management responsibility for our World Congresses of Nephrology (every other year in tandem with the Meetings and Events Director), supervision of our ISN Frontiers and other selected meetings which are project managed by junior team members.
Our World Congress of Nephrology (WCN), which happens every two years (but will be annual from 2019 onwards), brings together between 3500 and 5500 delegates from all over the world). The Meetings and Events Director currently manages these projects. Because we’re moving to annual WCNs we’re looking for a Meetings & Events Manager who will take the lead on the Congress every other year and also manage other colleagues who lead on some of our other regular events.
The Meetings & Events Manager is the interface between all stakeholders involved in the project at a managerial level and he/she facilitates various processes by delivering all operational and coordination needs of the project(s).
S/he works in close contact with the Meetings & Events Director, and other members of the ISN Meetings & Events Team all of whom are vital to the success of our events.
The ISN is looking for a candidate with extensive experience in coordinating and managing the complete organization of large scale global medical events. We are looking for someone with previous major events management experience who can demonstrate their capacity to identify creative solutions, generate new ideas and is sensitive to the various interests of our active members and volunteers.
- Overall congress coordination
- Bidding Guidelines and Standard Operation Procedures follow up
- Follow up the bidding process, compare proposals, conduct site visits and report on progress
- Develop and manage budget
- Planning – timeline
- Inclusion in the WCN Congress Organizing and Local Organizing Committees
- Analyze, compare, contract venue, local PCO/DMC, all suppliers (AV, IT staff…etc )
- Coordinate Housing with local PCO
- Coordinate with our Marcom team for website, communications, printing, stand, twitter, FB, app…
- Follow up sponsors logistics after the BD has secured the contract (invoicing, logos, material, information…)
- Supervise coordinator in charge of the Abstracts submission, review, contacts, poster boards, numbering….
- Supervise team member in charge of the SPC tasks – speakers invitations / schedules per meeting room, contacts with keynotes, with VIPs about timings, bios, pictures, DOI, Accommodation, Free registration etc
- Supervise team member in charge of the Exhibition
- Supervise administrator managing travel grants selection and follow up (reimbursements, accommodation etc)
- On site coordination of venue and all suppliers (stand building, posterboards, signs, staff, AV, IT, bags, material, deliveries…)
Essential skills and knowledge
- At least 8 years of experience in the Congress organizing sector. Previous experience in project managing the organization of large scale global events.
- Experience in the medical congresses sector is a definitive plus
- Experience in managing bidding processes, provisional budgets budget reactivity, accountancy, gst/vat questions
- Excellent negotiations skills, attention to detail for accurate contract reviews and approvals
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines
- Ability to lead a team - excellent interpersonal skills, sensitive team management
- Well-developed administrative and computer skills, including good knowledge of MS Office, web-based event administration tools, e-mail technologies, Adobe
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Stress-resistant and multi-task oriented
- Ability to push projects forward in a complex matrix environment, taking responsibility and demonstrating a commitment to a philanthropic and humanitarian organization
- Friendly and no-nonsense attitude.
- Able to adapt personal style to suit the ways of working of our various stakeholders, in an ever changing non-for-profit medical & humanitarian sector
- Capacity to interact and build strong relations with a diverse range of multi-cultural members, stakeholders, staff, suppliers and volunteers
- Willing and available to travel on a regular basis (globally)
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should include a detailed description of your previous responsibilities regarding finances and accounting for your events.
There is no fixed closing date for this position but we will review applications as they come in and close the advert once we have made an appointment.