The focus of Late breaking abstracts is placed on capturing abstracts with ground-breaking and unique data that would not otherwise have been presented at WCN’21. If you have data available for submission only after the regular abstract deadline, the Scientific Program Working Group would be interested to receive your submission and consider it for presentation.
Late-breaking abstracts describe the latest advances, trial data, and results that have not been previously published or presented and highlight novel and practice-changing studies. Late-breaking abstracts contain ground-breaking and unique data.
The call for late-breaking abstracts is NOT an extension of the general submission deadline. The submission period is from May 29, 2020, to February 10, 2021. Late breaking abstract submitters are required to submit a ‘place holder’ abstract during the regular submission period (deadline November 30, 2020). For further information regarding updating your abstract please see section Post-Submission here below.
How to prepare a late-breaking abstract submission:
- Late-breaking abstracts should follow the standard ISN structure: Introduction, Methods, Results, and Conclusion.
- Late-breaking abstracts should highlight novel and practice-changing studies.
- Late-breaking abstracts will be considered if a ‘place-holder’ abstract is submitted during the regular abstract submission period (deadline November 30, 2020). To submit an abstract, please log in to your congress profile and go to LATE BREAKING CLINICAL TRIAL ABSTRACT(S).
- A non-refundable handling fee of 100 USD will be charged per abstract submitted in this category. The fee is not waived for submitters from low-income countries. Abstract invoice will be available in the submitting author’s congress profile (section “My Congress Documents”) after payment.
- Late-breaking abstracts will be considered for potential oral presentation in one of the sessions at WCN’21.
- The call for late-breaking abstracts is NOT an extension of the submission deadline (November 30, 2020).
- Updating an abstract Please send a letter of intent to the congress secretariat at email@example.com no later than February 10, 2021.
The abstract submission portal will be temporarily re-opened for the author to make updates until February 10, 2021.
Abstract platform supported by