WCN’21 Scavenger Hunt
Take part in the WCN’21 online virtual scavenger hunt to explore congress areas, galleries, answer some tricky questions, and connect with friends and delegates via social media. Taking part is easy. Foll0w our clues that will take you around the congress, complete the below (5) challenges during WCN’21.
Once completed, submit your details and answers via the form on this page. The submission deadline of your questions is May 31.
Those who are eligible* and who solved all challenges correctly will be featured on our WCN’21 scavenger wall-of-fame and enter a draw for some great prizes:
- One lucky winner will receive a free registration for WCN’22
- Ten lucky winners will receive their own personal avatar, designed by ISN’s Creative Team
*you must be a fully registered (and paid) participant of WCN’21 to take part. Industry representatives (WCN’21 sponsors, exhibitors) are excluded from the prize draw.
In FSGS and IgAN, X is predictive of poor prognosis, a biomarker of disease severity, and contributes to disease pathogenesis driving progression to kidney failure. What is X?
Clue: Visit the Travere Therapeutics booth in the showcase !
ISN president Vivek Jha is very busy during WCN’21 and difficult to track down. You are challenged to go and find him. His image (see above) is hidden in four different places on the congress platform, go explore and name the four areas where you can find him.
Prof. Jean Hamburger coined the term “Nephrology”, the definitive descriptor of a new medical specialty at the 1st International Congress of Nephrology (now called the World Congress of Nephrology).
In what year did this happen?
Clue: You can find more information on professor Jean Hamburger in the Awards Gallery
What a shame we cannot join in Montreal this year, eh? We were all looking forward to visiting beautiful Montreal. What do you know about Canada? Answer these four questions….
4 – What animal is the official animal emblem of Canada?
5 – Canada produces 80% of the world’s _____?
6 – Which Canadian city has long been the second largest francophone city after Paris, but is now ranked fourth after Paris, Kinshasa and Adidjan?
7 – What is considered the most important medical discovery originating from Canada?
Clue: Pay a visit our Canadian hosts in the Global Nephrology Village. The Canadian Society of Nephrology and the Société québécoise de néphrologie will welcome you. You can enter the Global Nephrology Village via the Maple Leaf Plaza.
Take a picture or selfie of how you are viewing Virtual WCN’21, either from your home, your office, or perhaps you are watching sessions together with your team. Maybe add something that represents your country. Post this picture on ISN social media channels and use hashtags #ISNWCN and #WCNQUIZ.
Visit the WCN Delegate Social Media Wall to see all pictures from all over the world.
If you have no social media, you can also mail your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post a daily collage. On the answer from, you can upload a screenshot of your post or the picture.
Quiz terms and conditions
The WCN Scavenger Hunt is organized by the International Society of Nephrology on the occasion of the World Congress of Nephrology 2021. The WCN Scavenger Hunt is open to registered delegates of the World Congress of Nephrology 2021.
By entering and participating in the Scavenger Hunt, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Entry into the WCN Scavenger Hunt is free. To enter the prize draw you must:
- complete all 5 challenges.
- Be a fully registered to WCN’21 (industry delegates are not eligible for prizes)
- Provide the organizers with your full name, WCN registration number and email address
- Submit your entry by 11:59pm (CET) on 31 May 2021. Entries not submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions will not be accepted.
Entries that are incomplete will be deemed invalid.
To be eligible to receive prize(s), entrants must achieve a score of 5 / 5. All entrants of 5 / 5 will be entered into a prize draw. The first 11 names drawn will receive a prize:
- The first name drawn will receive a complimentary registration to the World Congress of Nephrology 2022 to be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and virtually. No cash alternative will be offered. Registration cannot be transferred to another individual or another event organized by the ISN or co-host societies.
- The following 10 names drawn will be offered a complimentary design of their own personal avatar. No cash alternative will be offered. Designs cannot be transferred to another individual. Winner(s) must submit a clear passport-style photo of themselves to the ISN by June 30, 2021. All designs are considered final.
The winner(s) will be notified by email after the closing date. The email address provided in the game form will be used. Prizes must be claimed before June 30, 2021. To claim your prize, respond to the email notifying you of your win.
*Only complete the form once you have found the answers to all questions