Between WCN Organizers and Commercial and Non-Commercial Exhibitors, Industry Symposia, Organizers, and General Sponsors and Advertisement Sponsors. The World Congress of Nephrology (WCN) is the annual congress of the International Society of Nephrology (ISN). WCN 2023 (WCN’23) is organized by the ISN and hosted by the Asian Pacific Society of Nephrology (APSN) and Nephrology Society of Thailand (NST). WCN is an opportunity for commercial companies involved in healthcare to connect with practitioners and specialists in the field. The contribution from companies is, therefore, welcomed by the ISN. The relationship between science and commerce at medical scientific meetings must be balanced and professionally managed. This responsibility lies equally with individual delegates, WCN as organizer, and the participating commercial and non-commercial organizations. WCN has adopted a “Code of Practice” for the commercial and non-commercial organizations participating in the congress. The commercial a nd non-commercial organizations who take part in meetings under the jurisdiction of ISN should plan and conduct activities that will enhance the scientific objectives of the meeting. Commercial activities should not exceed what is deemed acceptable. The following guidelines represent the code of practice adopted by WCN organizers and are applicable to all commercial and non-commercial organizations participating in WCN.
Codes: The following pharmaceutical industry codes will be adopted: The International Pharmaceutical Congress Advisory Association’s (IPCAA) Code of Conduct, Medical Congress Guidelines and Housing Guidelines, The Code of Practice of the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industry Association and the Eucomed Code of Ethical Business Practice and MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice.
Procedure: The following procedures apply to all bookable items included in this Invitation to Industry. Bookings are made by filling in and submitting the relevant booking form to the organizer. By submitting the form, the participant accepts the code of practice and all terms and conditions laid out in the document. All signed booking forms are irrevocable. Applications will be dealt on a first-come, first-served basis.
Premium supporters: Participant may agree to a certain level of support, as laid out in this document, which they can spend on their choice of items. The participant will be invoiced for the full amount according to the level of support. The participant will need to submit a booking form to confirm agreement with the terms and conditions, for all items selected. If items are selected over time, booking forms will need to be submitted for each choice. The organizer will not refund amounts if the participant does not meet the invoiced level of support with various items.
Industry Symposium: All corresponding benefits are only confirmed upon receiving a booking form, full payment and approved program, and providing the client has met all the deadlines which will be communicated in the manuals. All industry symposia programs need to be submitted for review and approval by the congress Scientific Program Working Group chair(s) and the Local Organizing Working Group chair(s). This is to avoid overlap with the official WCN’23 scientific program and to ensure the scientific quality and scope. Once programs are approved, changes must not be made without the specific approval of the above-mentioned Chair(s). ISN guarantees that all information contained in the program drafts will be handled with strict confidentiality. Proposals must be submitted via emails before January 13, 2023. Submission by any other means will not be accepted. Program proposals must include the symposium title and the full name, title, country, institution, subject, speech time start and end for all chair(s)/ speaker(s). Industry symposia are published in the relevant webpage of the congress website, and will be promoted collectively in one pre-congress newsletter to all delegates sent by the organizer. The organizer does not share delegate contact information with industry symposia clients.
Industry symposia may not include lectures scheduled for the official WCN’23 scientific program. The ISN does not cover any costs for symposium speakers such as congress registration, participation fee etc. ISN and WCN working group members may only speak at a maximum of 2 industry symposia. The organizer will inform all parties in case of overlap. Conflict must be resolved by concerned parties. The symposium organizer needs to ensure that all publications referring to their symposium mention: “Official WCN’23 sponsored industry symposium” to avoid any confusion with the official WCN’23 scientific program. The ISN, APSN, NST, and WCN logos are used only in official congress publications, at events, or in publications officially organized, or approved, by the organizer. The WCN’23 logo may, however, be used on invitations for official industry symposia. Other use of the ISN, APSN, NST, and WCN names and/or logos in any fashion, by any commercial or non-commercial organization, is not permitted without prior written permission from the organizer.
Terms of Reference
In these terms and conditions, the following definitions shall apply:
- “Organizer” shall mean the International Society of Nephrology (ISN), including its volunteers, officers and staff, as well as leadership and staff of the Asian Pacific Society of Nephrology (APSN), and the Nephrology Society of Thailand (NST) as ISN affiliated societies and hosts of the World Congress of Nephrology 2023.
- “Participant” shall include the person being described as such in the booking form and all employees and agents of such person and shall, if applicable, also include permitted sub-licensees of the exhibitor.
- “Contract” shall mean the contract established between the Organizer and the Participant, upon these terms and conditions, in the Event.
- “Event” shall mean the ISN World Congress of Nephrology 2023 to be held on-site with sessions livestreamed to a virtual audience from March 31-April 2, 2023.
- “Exhibition” and/or “Exhibition Industry” shall mean the exhibition section of the Event.
- “Invitation to Industry” shall mean this brochure supplied by the Organizer to the Participant.
- “Item(s)” shall mean any bookable item laid out in this document including but not limited to space, industry symposium, sponsorship, advertising space, meeting space and/or other support relating to the Event.
- “Fee(s)” shall mean the amount payable for the Item(s) by the Participant.
Contract, Terms of Payment and Cancellation Policy
- By submitting the booking form, the Participant accepts all terms and conditions laid out in the document. All signed booking forms are irrevocable.
- Applications must be submitted by the Participant under whose name the Item is to be listed.
- Fee(s) for all Item(s) must be fully paid by October 24, 2022. If a booking form is received after October 24, 2022, the Fee is payable within 30 days of receipt of invoice. If a booking form is received within 30 days of the Event (i.e. on or after March 1, 2023), 100% of the Fee must be paid by bank transfer at the time of application, and received before the Event.
- Failure to pay Fee(s) cancels your booking. No Participant will be allowed to participate or have access to the Event should the payment not have been received by the Organizer prior to the event and within the stipulated deadline.
- Any late payment (i.e. receipt of money by organizer 30 days beyond the due date stipulated) will be subject to a penalty of 21% APR (Annual Percentage Rate) on the total amount invoiced.
- All partial or total cancellations for Item(s) must be made in writing to the Organizer by the Participant.
- The Organizer maintains a cancellation fee of 50% for Item(s) cancelled prior to October 24, 2022. No refunds of Fee(s) will be issued for cancellations of Item(s) received in writing after October 24, 2022.
- Should the agreed total amount have not yet been collected by Organizer, the Participant will remain bound to make the appropriate and invoiced Fee in accordance with the preceding timings and reimbursement schedule.
- The Organizer is free to assign any cancelled Item(s) to other Participants.
- Any refund to be made will be processed after the Event and will be settled no later than October 9, 2023.
Amendments, Insurance and Liability
- The Organizer reserves the right to alter the schedule of the Event. Any amendments of the schedule implemented by the Organizer shall not justify partial or total cancellation by the Participant.
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend formats of (or elements of) the Event. Any amendments relating to the agreement with the Participant, will be communicated in writing to the Participant. Amendments of formats by the Organizer for activities under the agreement with the Participant, and not deemed appropriate by the Participant shall justify partial or total cancellation and reimbursement of contract value minus reasonable amounts for elements delivered to be decided by the Organizer.
- The performance of this agreement by either party is subject to acts reasonably beyond the control of the Organizers (war, government regulations, global pandemic, disaster, strikes, civil disorder, curtailment of transportation facilities, or other emergencies). If such acts make it illegal or else, deemed impossible by the Organizer, to host the Event and deliver the elements under this agreement, the Fees will be reimbursed minus reasonable amounts for elements delivered, decided by the Organizer.
- Neither party will be liable for any failure or delay in the performance of the Agreement which is caused by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the party concerned including without limitation software or issue with the hosting platform, acts of God, pandemic, war or national emergency, acts of terrorism, strike, lockout, fire, explosion, volcanic eruption and flood (“Force Majeure”), provided always that the de-faulting party uses all reasonable endeavors (but without an obligation to incur cost) to minimize the period of disruption caused by Force Majeure.
Eligibility for Conditions of Participation
- The Organizer has absolute discretion in the admission of Participants, and reserves the right to decline any application without giving any reason.
- The Participant acknowledges and accepts that it will bear the risk that any information and/or not submitted within any communicated deadline, or not submitted using the instructed method may not receive any or all of the promised benefits laid out in the Invitation to Industry.
- The Participant acknowledges and accepts that certain benefits relate to communications planned on exact dates, and are therefore, subject to having booked in advance of these planned communications. The benefit will not apply if the Participant books after these dates. The Organizer will make reasonable efforts to suggest an alternative benefit where possible.
- The Participant may be required to provide content for benefits for which the Organizer will communicate specifications and deadlines to receive. The benefit will not apply if the Participant does not share content by fixed deadlines.
- Further rules and regulations pertaining to the Item(s), in particular Industry Symposia can be found in the manuals and other documents supplied by the Organizer. The Organizer may at any time and from time to time make further rules and regulations (having immediate effect) in relation to any aspect of the Event. Such rules and regulations shall be deemed to form part of this Agreement, and shall be binding on the Participant
No waiver by the Organizer of any of the provisions of these rules and regulations or of any of its rights hereunder shall have effect unless given in writing and signed by the Organizer. The waiver by the Organizer of any of these rules and regulations shall not prevent the subsequent enforcement of these rules and regulations and shall not be deemed to act as a waiver in respect of any subsequent breach.
Termination of Participation
The Organizer reserves the right to terminate without notice a Participant’s right to participate in the Event upon occurrence of any of the following events:
- If Participant or any of its representatives commits a breach of any of these rules and regulations; or
- If Organizer believes that the Participant is conducting an activity that does not conform to the nature and purpose of the Event or if proper use is not being made of the space; or
- 6.3. If Participant is, for any reason, unable to meet his contractual obligations.
- If a Participant’s right to participate in the Event is terminated, the Participant shall have no claim for refund of any Fees paid to the Organizer.
Data Protection and Information Sharing
- The Participant shall provide the Organizer with their company and contact information which includes, but is not limited to: company name, mailing address, contact persons, titles, phone, email addresses. Organizer is liable to store this data and share with relevant parties strictly for the purpose of Event organization. Organizer shall only share personal details with relevant suppliers to perform necessary planning.
- In accordance with the chapter 3 of the European Regulation 2016/679 with regards to data protection, you have the right to request from the Organizers, access to and rectification or erasure of your (personal) data or restriction of processing concerning your data. For such request Participants must contact the Organizers (be aware that a proof of identity will be requested during the process).
- The Participant shall not disclose inappropriate information or use any technical or confidential information regarding the business or affairs of the Organizer or any of the other Participants of the Event acquired by way of the Participant’s Contract to participate in the Event.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of USA. Any disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be submitted to the courts of USA.
If you have any questions about the sponsorship opportunities or would like to discuss your participation at WCN, we’d love to hear from you by email at: