ISN Frontiers Meeting organizers are pleased to offer a Travel Grant Program for ISN members from low and lower-middle income countries to attend the meeting. The aim of these grants is to provide support to those who would normally not have the means to travel to congresses and the opportunities it offers for learning and networking, and encourage equitable access for the benefit of all participants.
- October, 2021: Travel Grant application opens.
- March 2, 2022 (at midnight CET): Submission deadline. Any application received after the deadline will not be considered
- March 15, 2022: Travel Grant results announcement.
- Please do not register for the early bird rate if you are submitting a Travel Grant application!
Travel Grant results will be announced by March 15, 2022. Should your Travel Grant application be unsuccessful, you will still be eligible to register at the discount early bird rate.
- Please read carefully the information below, before applying.
- Registration to the meeting
- The organizers will provide a contribution (not a full reimbursement) towards the travel and accommodation costs to Bergamo (Italy). For more detailed information about contributions, please see below. Please be aware that payment can only be made by bank transfer after the meeting. It is sole responsibility of the travel grant recipients to book their travel and accommodation. Recipients are encouraged to book early once accepted and to not leave booking to the last minute.
- Europe 200,00 €
- NIS/Russia and North Africa 450,00 €
- Middle East and South Asia 750,00 €
- Rest of Africa, rest of Asia and Oceania 1.100,00 €
- North America 1.700,00 €
- South& Central America 1.200,00 €
Note: Travel Grants will ONLY be made by bank transfer after the meeting. It is up to the submitter to ensure to have a valid bank account that can receive wire from EU or US banks.
Eligibility for the ISN Frontiers travel grant program is exclusively reserved for ISN members (ISN Full members, ISN Joint Group members, ISN Trainee) residing in low- and middle-income countries. Exceptions are made for current ISN fellows who are training in developed countries and ISN Sister Center Program participants from supporting centers.
If you are not currently an ISN member, this is a great opportunity to join the ISN to be eligible for grants like these and many more! What’s more, the ISN offers free and discount membership for low- and middle-income countries and young nephrologists. Discover more here.
Do note however, that ISN membership does not automatically guarantee a travel grant application will be accepted.
Priority for travel grant recipients is given to:
- Members presenting an approved abstract at ISN Frontiers Meeting 2022
- Members of 40 years and younger (born in 1981 and after)
- Past and present ISN fellows, Sister Center Program participants, Members of the mentorship program.
Please note that if you have received three Travel Grants previously, your submission cannot be considered.