ISN Community Film Event: Raise Awareness by Sharing Your Kidney Care Story
Storytelling is a powerful way to inform, educate, and activate change. Help raise awareness and improve understanding of the reality of living with kidney disease by sharing your story at the ISN Community Film Event.
The ISN Community Film Event is a unique initiative to raise awareness and improve understanding of the reality of living with kidney disease.
This year’s edition received more than 20 films from 13 countries worldwide, proving, once again, the importance of this forum to share experiences and personal stories with a global audience. The ISN congratulates all the filmmakers for their high-quality submissions and thanks them for sharing their stories. It wasn’t easy to select the finalists from so many remarkable entries. They all deserve to reach the widest audience, so every film entered is available on the ISN Community Film Event Map.
And the Winners are:
- The winner of the 2022 “ISN Community Best Film” Award is: For Some the Wait Never Ends
Submitted by: J. Meyyappan (Senior Resident, Nephrology, Lucknow, India) N. Prasad, V. Vamsidhar, S. Sabarinath (Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Nephrology, Lucknow, India)
- The winner of the 2022 “WKD Best Film” Award is: Ilan Lavi Donates A Kidney – And Gets a Happiness Transplant
Submitted by: W. Wasser (Leumit Health Care, Department of Nephrology, Jerusalem, Israel)
The seven 2022 finalists were:
- For Some the Wait Never Ends
- Ilan Lavi Donates a Kidney – And Gets a Happiness Transplant
- Alport Story: From Personal Isolation to International Collaboration for Kidney Care
- Together We Can Change Lives
- Anthony’s Story. Nocturnal Dialysis: This Game-Changing-Service Puts Patients at The Centre of Their Care, Supporting Them to Access Treatment When and How it Suits Them
- Pregnancy in Dialysis Story
- Kidney Transplantation: New Life New Hope
- Only ISN members and partner societies are eligible to submit films.
Not yet an ISN member?
Films must be:
- less than two years old
- less than seven minutes long
- in 16:9 format, HD quality (1920 x 1080 resolution)
By submitting a film, the authors agree to a screening at WCN’22 if their film is pre-selected by the jury.
Submission deadline: January 10, 2022 (23:59 CET).
The selected films will be announced by January 20, 2022, by email.
The Film Event jury will select the finalists. From January 2022 onwards, the ISN and WCN communities will vote for their favorite films. The “2022 ISN Community Best Film” winner will be announced and awarded during the ISN World Congress of Nephrology 2022.
On March 10, online voting will open via the World Kidney Day (WKD) platform. The film with the most votes on WKD itself will receive special recognition, the “WKD 2022 Best Film”.
- The “2022 ISN Community Best Film” winner will receive complimentary registration to WCN’22 (payment refund) and a travel grant (complimentary registration and contribution to travel and accommodation) to attend the World Congress of Nephrology 2023.
- The “WKD 2022 Best Film” winner will receive complimentary registration for WCN’22 (payment refund).
If you have any questions, please contact Ilaria Pastorino (firstname.lastname@example.org).