Submission deadline: November 18, 2020
Travel grant result announcement
The World Congress of Nephrology 2021 (WCN’21) organizers are pleased to offer a Travel Grant Program to ISN members residing in low and lower-middle income countries (see country list here). The aim of these grants is to provide support to those who would normally not have the means to travel to congresses and the opportunities it offers for learning and networking, and encourage equitable access for the benefit of all participants.
In Person WCN’21 Travel Grants include:
- Congress Registration.
Does not include pre-congress courses.
- Contribution towards travel and accommodation.
Based on the maximum amounts according to the travel grantee’s region listed below.
Online WCN’21 Travel Grants include:
- Pre-Congress Registration.
- Congress Registration.
- Applicants must be ISN members (ISN Full member, ISN Joint Group member, ISN Trainee) residing in a low or lower-middle-income country (check country list here).
Exceptions: current ISN Fellows training in developed countries, ISN Sister Renal Centers (SRC) Program participants from supporting centers.
- If you have received three previous travel grants, your submission will not be considered.
- Priority is given to:
- Members presenting an approved abstract at WCN’21
- Members of 40 years and younger (born in 1980 and after)
- Past and present ISN fellows, SRC participants, members of the mentorship program
Not an ISN Member yet?
If you are not currently an ISN member but wish to apply for a Travel Grant, please join the ISN via our website here before applying for a Travel Grant.
ISN offers free and discounted membership to those from low and middle-income countries and young nephrologists.
Please note that ISN membership does not automatically guarantee that an application for a travel grant will be accepted.
- The travel grantee is responsible for booking their travel and accommodation.
- Travel grantees are encouraged to book early and not to leave booking until the last minute.
- Maximum contribution amounts made by the ISN for travel and accommodation by region:
Travel Grants (Accommodation & Travel) North America $ 975.00 Western Europe & Central America $ 1,150.00 NIS/Russia, South America, Central & Eastern Europe $ 1,300.00 Africa, North, East & Southeast Asia $ 1,600.00 Middle East, Australia & New Zealand $ 1,800.00 South Asia & Oceania $ 2,100.00
- Travel grant payments are only made by bank transfer after the congress. Please ensure you can accept reimbursement from a US bank account, no other payment options are accepted.