A Scientific Program Accessible for All
Participating in Virtual WCN’21 opens access to a week-long livestream of scientific and educational courses and sessions, networking and a number of special events and features, all included in one registration fee, and available on-demand for weeks after the congress.
For detailed information on the congress schedule, sessions, speakers, and topics, visit the sub-pages via the menu on the left.
Respecting the original location of WCN’21 in Montreal, Canada, the livestream runs on Montreal time (EDT).
Promoting inclusiveness and for your convenience, all recorded presentations will have English subtitles included, made possible by AstraZeneca and Janssen.
April 20-May 31
Pre-congress (April 12-15)
- Between April 12-14, ISN collective-member societies join us in special Raising-the-Curtain sessions, connecting our entire community around the world
- Between April 12-14, pre-congress courses are available with on-demand access*
- On April 15, pre-congress courses go live including interactive components, Q&A, case presentations and discussion*
*Delegates participating in the Nursing and Allied Health Professionals Symposium and Renal Pathology Course are strongly recommended to view all the pre-recorded didactic sessions before participating in the live sessions on Thursday, April 15. While watching the pre-recorded didactic sessions delegates are able to submit questions via a chat box. Speakers will receive these questions before LIVE sessions on Thursday April 15.
Congress (April 16-19)
Each congress day includes 6 hours of scheduled chaired sessions with recorded presentations and opportunities for live Q&A with speakers or session chairs, networking, and plenty other activities. While the platform is accessible on a 24-hour basis, the congress livestream runs between 8:00am and 14:00pm EDT, from April 16 to April 19. Acknowledging that it impossible to reach all around the world at a convenient time for everybody, all sessions will be available for on-demand viewing as soon as possible after the livestream. For those time zones without convenient access to all the live congress content, a Daily Highlight Session features a special selection of presentations, focusing on one of the congress themes, AKI, CKD and ESKD.
- On April 16, the formal Congress Opening includes messages of welcome and opening plenary lecture
- On April 16, the ISN Global Kidney Policy Forum is a yearly high-level meeting, bringing together key decision-makers and stakeholders to address the burden of kidney disease
- Each congress day, renowned Plenary Speakers give presentations in 60-minute cutting-edge plenaries
- A line-up of 150 internationally renowned speakers will present in over 45 congress scientific sessions on a range of topics, fixed around the main scientific themes of acute kidney injury, chronic kidney disease, and end stage kidney disease. A dedicated session will focus on late breaking clinical trials. The congress also features series of sessions focusing on COVID-19. Special sessions are organized jointly with international partner societies.
- The ISN Community Film Event shows stories through 6 short movies that raise awareness and understanding of the reality of living with kidney disease
- The Poster Gallery presents hundreds of abstracts in an interactive manner
- Topical Networking Events invite you to engage in direct conversation with participants, hosted on our innovative and interactive networking platform
Access on-demand and at your fingertips (April 20- May 31)
The congress platform will remain full accessible between April 20 and May 31, will all presentations, posters and networking accessible on-demand and at your fingertips.