The International Society of Nephrology and the Egyptian Society of Nephrology and Transplantation are pleased to partner to deliver the Scientific Writing Course in Africa & Middle East, to take place in Cairo, Egypt from 11 – 13 February 2024.
The ISN Scientific Writing Course (SWC) is a 3-days course given by experts in the field of scientific writing to help physicians and researchers from a range of backgrounds and specialization in nephrology to improve their scientific writing skills, so they achieve the skills needed to publish their research work.
The selected participants will receive hands-on and one to one mentoring from faculty on writing skills for their respective research work.
Fifteen (15) applicants from Africa and Middle East regions are to be selected to participate in the course.
The full program will be available soon.
The course will be held in person from 11 February – 13 February 2024.
InterContinental Citystars Cairo Hotel
Omar Ibn El Khattab Street, Cairo 11737, Egypt
The official language of the course is English. Presentations will only be delivered in English.
Please read the guidelines carefully here.
The course is open to ISN members who:
- speak and write English fluently
- are early-career professionals (max. 40 yo)
- work predominantly in clinical research (i.e. health research requiring approval from a human ethics board)
- have prior experience in basic research in preferably a lower- or lower-middle- or upper-middle-income country (as per World Bank classification)
- have manuscript(s) published in a peer-reviewed journal, or who have other indicators of high potential in clinical research
- have an active research project at an advanced stage
- are demonstrably motivated to improve their scientific writing skills.
To apply, fill out this online form.
Deadline extended to December 10, 2023.
Outcome of applications will be annouced by early January, 2024.