Since 1960, the ISN has promoted and worked toward a future where all people have equitable access to sustainable kidney health.
The International Society of Nephrology (ISN) is a global professional association dedicated to advancing kidney health worldwide since 1960 through education, grants, research, and advocacy.
We do this for all our stakeholders by:
- BRIDGING THE GAPS of available care through advocacy and collaborations with our global partners
- BUILDING CAPACITY in healthcare professionals via granting programs, education and research
- CONNECTING OUR COMMUNITY to develop a stronger understanding of the management of kidney disease.
The ISN, through its members and in collaboration with national and regional societies, engages 30,000 health professionals from across the globe to reduce the burden of kidney diseases and provide optimal health care for patients.
The ISN pledges to:
- Focus its activities solely upon improving global kidney health.
- Be knowledgeable, efficient, and dependable to lead its mission effectively.
- Recognize that goals can only be achieved through a network of stakeholders that help build and leverage our capabilities.
- Be an inclusive partner collaborating transparently to create value for others.
- Be innovative, resourceful, and open to change.
The International Society of Nephrology (ISN) embraces the principles of diversity and believes that inclusivity fosters the creativity, innovation, and excellence needed to achieve the mission of advancing kidney health worldwide.
Read the ISN Position Statement on Diversity.