ISN Emerging Leaders Program
The ISN-ELP provides early-career professionals in integrated kidney care the opportunity to work with international experts in the field to become qualified for a leadership role in the advancement of global kidney care.
Intending to build a global talent pool of future leaders, the ELP welcomes ISN members interested in shaping the direction of kidney health to ensure health promotion and access to prevention, control, and management of kidney diseases.
The ISN-ELP is a collaborative initiative bringing together outstanding individuals to work on collective projects to impact the kidney health agenda worldwide.
The ELP offers participants guidance in:
- principles of entrepreneurship, advocacy, and communication;
- implementation science and research;
- evaluation, development, and management of health systems;
- developing and implementing evidence-informed policy;
- influencing stakeholders including policymakers, funders, implementers and the media.
The ELP provides the opportunity to
- Join a global network that positively impacts the kidney health agenda worldwide through collaboration and multidisciplinary research;
- Learn to be heard and effect change at local and international levels;
- Access continuous professional development to take on leadership roles locally and globally.
Please note that this is not a research funding grant program.
Emerging Leaders’ countries of residence:
- Talented and motivated early-career professionals less than 10 years out of residency or training (no age limit) with commitment to the improvement of global kidney health using a collaborative approach
- Early career academics (MD and/or PhD) as defined by being at the Fellow/Instructor/Assistant Professor level or equivalent
- From civil society, non-academic healthcare and the private sector interested in collaborative approach for improving kidney health
- Candidates from all countries;
- Applicant must be a member of ISN or willing to join ISN.
The ISN particularly encourages renal pathologists to apply to the program.
The application platform will be open in Fall 2023.
Chair and ISN Past-President
Walter Guillermo Douthat
Rolando Claure-Del Granado
(Bosnia & Herzegovina)
Invitation to Partner
The ISN invites organizations to partner on this global initiative aimed at recognizing excellence and developing leaders.
As a partner, you will:
- Be seen as a supporter of global leadership development in kidney care.
- Be recognized as a supporter by the next generation of leaders in kidney care and network with initiators in the field.
- Help ISN in advancing its vision of a future where all people have equitable access to sustainable kidney health.
Program support: $25,000/year
Supported by unrestricted educational grants by Janssen, Boehringer Ingelheim, Lilly Alliance and AstraZeneca.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE Emerging Leaders PROGRAM?
Kidney International Publishes Results From the ISN Emerging Leaders’ Survey Exploring Barriers to Accessing Essential Medicines for People With CKD in Lower Income Countriesjbrown
The first ISN Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) cohort developed a web-based...
ISN-ELP 1 cohort member Dr. Robert Kalyesubula (center) holds an informal...
By Wing-Shing Fung, on behalf of the ISN Emerging Leaders Program...
Last month, the 12 members of the second ISN Emerging Leaders...