Call for Expressions of Interest and nominations for leadership position within ISN Advocacy
This call for expressions of interest and nominations is open to all ISN members in good standing.
Deadline to apply extended to Friday, 30 October 2020
The ISN welcomes expressions of interest and nominations for the position of ISN Advocacy Working Group Deputy Chair.
The ISN has multiple advocacy activities embedded within various programs, initiatives and events. Each of these activities has links to Regional Boards, committees, initiatives and other programs within ISN and externally.
The ISN Advocacy Working Group brings together like-minded nephrologists who have experience and interest in advocacy, general public education and awareness raising in their own countries or region, as well as worldwide.
The ISN Advocacy Working Group aims to:
- Objective 1: provide advice and expert input to the ISN Executive Committee / ISN Director on ISN Advocacy Strategy and related Work Plans.
- Objective 2: provide advice and expert input to the ISN Advocacy Director and staff on the content of advocacy documents such as official position papers, messaging, policy statements, social media updates, news articles and updates as requested and according to the official ISN Advocacy Position and Official Statement Approval Procedure.
- Objective 3: review, analyse, investigate politically relevant issues to inform decision making of the Executive Committee / ISN Advocacy Director. If appropriate, research, produce and develop advocacy relevant content.
- Objective 4: attend and represent ISN at official meetings, working groups, consultations or other as appropriate in coordination with the ISN Advocacy Director.
The Deputy Chair will be selected according to these eligibility criteria:
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven understanding of advocacy and public health
- Proven experience in awareness raising and advocacy involvement in their countries
- Availability to devote regular time and effort for active participation and input
- Willingness to travel on behalf of ISN
- Proficiency in English
- ISN member in good standing, and with a demonstrated interest in ISN activities.
- Email accessible and able to regularly connect to conference calls
The term of the Deputy Chair will start at the WCN 2021, and end at WCN 2023. It is expected that the Deputy Chair will succeed the current Chair following completion of the Chair’s term at WCN 2023.
Timelines and next steps
Please send your expression of interest and nomination for this position to Paul Laffin by Friday, 30 October 2020.
Your expression of interest/nomination should consist of a short CV (maximum 4 pages) and a statement (max. 500 words) explaining your relevant skills and experience, and why you wish to be considered for the position.