The ISN welcomes Expressions of Interest and Nominations for the leadership position of
ISN Deputy Co-Chair for the WORLD Kidney Day Joint Steering Committee
Open to all ISN members in good standing
Deadline to apply is 30 September 2022
World Kidney Day (WKD) started in 2006 and is a joint initiative of the International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and the International Federation of Kidney Foundations – World Kidney Alliance (IFKF-WKA).
It is the leading kidney health awareness campaign at global level and strives to raise awareness on the importance of kidney health and reduce the frequency of kidney disease and its associated health impacts worldwide.
The WKD Joint Steering Committee (WKD JSC) represents the 2 partner organizations who founded WKD (ISN and IFKF-WKA) with the aim to oversee the implementation of the WKD Campaign. The WKD JSC’s role is to agree on the specific goals and deliverables of the Campaign Plan as developed by the Campaign Partners and to foster the success of the campaign. Each organization appoints 5 members to the WKD JSC.
The ISN Deputy Co-Chair will be selected according to these eligibility criteria:
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven understanding of the WKD campaign
- Proven experience in awareness raising and advocacy involvement in their countries
- Availability to devote regular time and effort for active participation and input
- Willingness to travel on behalf of ISN
- Proficiency in English
- ISN member in good standing, and with a demonstrated interest in ISN activities.
- Email accessible and able to regularly connect to conference calls
The term of the ISN Deputy Co-Chair will start at the WCN 2023, and end at WCN 2025. It is expected that the ISN Deputy Co-Chair will then succeed the Chair following completion of the Chair’s term at WCN 2025.