ISN-ISPD Webinar: Precision Dialysis to Improve Long-term PD Outcomes
- 2:00 PM CET
This joint ISN-ISPD webinar will explore the key principles in individualizing Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) prescriptions for improved patient outcomes. It delves into the intricate workings of the peritoneum as a dialysis membrane. It provides insights in assessing peritoneal membrane function and factors contributing to peritoneal membrane dysfunction in clinical practice. Participants will learn how to tailor dialysis prescriptions and management based on peritoneal membrane characteristics and genetic characteristics.
The second half of the session will cover predictors of longevity of PD, and primary factors contributing to transition to hemodialysis. Additionally, the session will highlight sources of unwarranted variation in PD practice, empowering healthcare professionals to enhance the quality of care provided to PD patients.
- Understand how the peritoneum works as a dialysis membrane
- Know how to assess membrane function and what are the causes of membrane dysfunction in clinical practice
- Be able to adapt the prescription and management based on membrane characteristics
- Describe the principle determinants of time on PD
- Know the main drivers of transfer to haemodialysis
- Understand the sources of unwarranted variation
Angela Yee-Moon Wang (Hong Kong)
Mark Lambie (UK)
Johann Morelle (Belgium)