About Global Outreach Postings
As part of ISN-GO program activities and in collaboration with the ISN Education Program, the ISN has launched a new tool for nephrologists from emerging countries: Global Outreach Postings. The aim of this initiative is to grant access to nephrologists from emerging countries to publish manuscripts that are in line with ISN's mission and of interest to readers from around the world, including in emerging countries.
A partnership with the Open Urology & Nephrology Journal
The Open Urology & Nephrology Journal is an Open Access online journal published by Bentham OPEN. The journal publishes research articles, reviews, letters, guest edited single topic issues and images in the fields of urology and nephrology.
GOP articles will now be published on TOUNJ website, under a specific ISN heading and at no cost. The GOP articles will remain free access both on the ISN website and on TOUNJ website.
There will be no publication fees.
Requirements for publications
- Length of the manuscript: less than 3000 words
- Subjects: all subjects related to nephrology applied to the realities of developing countries.
- Language: English only
- References: a maximum of 30
- Tables and illustrations: maximum of 2- 3 tables and/or figures
- The principal authors must reside and work in an emerging country, and at least one must be a member of ISN (If you are not yet a member of ISN, please CLICK HERE for more information about joining ISN and helping advance kidney care worldwide)
- The GOP Committee will only accept submissions of studies that have been reviewed and approved by an ethics committee or have been granted a waiver by the ethics committee. Please see the policy statement from the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME). CLICK HERE to access the website. Study Design and Ethics: Documented review and approval from a formally constituted review board (Institutional Review Board or Ethics committee) should be required for all studies involving people, medical records, and human tissues. For those investigators who do not have access to formal ethics review committees, the principles outlined in the Declaration of Helsinki should be followed. If the study is judged exempt from review, a statement from the committee should be required.
Authors must comply with other policies detailed on the WAME website concerning authorship, plagiarism and other forms of scientific misconduct.
How to participate:
- Fill in the online application form.
- Submit the application form and your manuscript in word format. Manuscripts that do not meet the above requirements will be returned to the author for correction.
- A small committee will assign your manuscript for review to experts within ISN.
- You will be informed via email within 2 months about the outcome of your manuscript. If accepted, most manuscripts may require some editing by authors.
- The selected manuscripts will be posted online on the ISN website.
Global Outreach Postings Review Committee:
Valerie Luyckx (Canada)
Vivek Jha (India):
Guillermo Garcia Garcia (Mexico) :
For more information contact us