Leading global kidney organizations partner with Lancet Kidney Campaigniclaron
Eight of the leading global kidney organizations have joined the Lancet Kidney Campaign. This online Campaign to raise awareness of acute and chronic kidney diseases brings together the best available evidence to inform strategies to reduce the national, regional and global burden of the disease and its risk factors.
ISN and The Lancet launched this campaign on March 10, 2016 to mark World Kidney Day (WKD). The new partners now include:
With these new partners, the campaign will strengthen its outreach towards clinicians, policy-makers and collective societies in regions throughout the world, keeping them informed with research, expert commentaries and analysis on acute kidney injury (AKI), chronic kidney disease (CKD), dialysis and transplantation from across the journal’s database.
The Campaign also provides regular updates on recent advances in nephrology, as well as expert commentaries and interviews on key health and policy issues relevant to kidney disease.
Some of the most recent updates include:
- Strategies to increase living donor transplantation
- The ISN Global Kidney Health Summit: setting a blueprint for tackling global CKD epidemic
- Kidney disease in Indigenous populations
- Obesity and overweight populations in Latin America
- Ramadan and chronic kidney disease patients