Four monetary awards available to ISN members for training opportunities in renal pathologyISN admin
The ISN Renal Pathology Working Group seeks applications from nephropathologists from low and low-to-middle resource countries (as defined by the World Bank) for travel bursaries in 2020.
Four awards of up to a maximum value of $1500 per person will be awarded to finance either:
- a mini-sabbatical to provide short term in-depth study of renal pathology by immersion in an established renal pathology laboratory for a period of 2-4 weeks,
- attendance at a major renal pathology course at the World Congress of Nephrology (WCN) to be held in Abu Dhabi, or courses in New York, Amsterdam, Warsaw (see below)
In addition, the organizers of the Columbia University Renal Pathology Course have kindly offered five awards of remote internet-based access to live streaming of the presentations during the first three days of the course, from July 10-12, 2020. Online access to audiovisual recordings of the presentations will also be provided for one month following the course. These are not monetary awards.
Successful applicants should already have fundamental knowledge in renal pathology, and should be involved in, or have the opportunity to become involved in, diagnostic evaluation of renal biopsy specimens. The awards are only available to ISN members.
Applications should be submitted electronically by December 13, 2019.
Please address any questions to email@example.com.
Find further details and eligibility criteria on the application form.
Major renal pathology courses:
- The Renal Pathology Course (26 March) at the World Congress of Nephrology to be held in Abu Dhabi 26-29 March, 2020
- The International Renal Pathology Congress to be held in Warsaw 15-18 April, 2020
- The Columbia University Renal Pathology Course Renal Biopsy in Medical Diseases of the Kidney to be held in New York City 10-13 July, 2020
- The European Renal Pathology Courseto be held in Amsterdam 16-19 June or 10-13 November, 2020
- Another course of your choice – please add details.