World Kidney Day Campaign Reaches New Heightsjbrown
World Kidney Day (WKD) took place on March 10.
Public and media attention for the WKD 2022 campaign attained notable reach:
- WKD content reached more than 447 million people on March 10 on Twitter with #worldkidneyday gaining over 172 million impressions
- The WKD website was viewed almost 125 000 times
- The official WKD press release was published by 409 news outlets – a potential reach of 228 million viewers
ISN President, Professor Agnes Fogo, marked the day by speaking at the “Chronic Kidney Disease Summit” convened by AstraZeneca at Expo 2020 Dubai. Her talk was part of a session highlighting the need for policymakers and healthcare systems to help reduce the burden of CKD.
A special CKD plenary session was held in the European Parliament alongside WKD partners from the European Kidney Health Alliance, attended by the European Commissioner for Health, Stella Kyriakidis.
The European Director for Public Health, the EU presidency (via the French Minister for Health), and five members of the European Parliament presented video messages in support of the occasion. The United Nations and the WHO supported the day on social media for the third consecutive year.
Discover the global impact of the 2022 campaign and include your event on the WKD website:
- Access or upload to the WKD activity map; high-impact activities are highlighted as “best ideas”
- Browse or add to the 2022 campaign photostream gallery
- Complete an activity report to help gauge the campaign reach.
World Kidney Day’s success relies on the inspiring efforts of health care professionals, patients, and the public. The ISN joins WKD organizers in thanking all those who supported WKD activities this year.
The ISN also thanks the official WKD 2022 global supporters: Astellas, AstraZeneca, Baxter, Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Boehringer Ingelheim & Lilly, Calliditas Therapeutics, Chinook Therapeutics, Fresenius Kabi, Fresenius Medical Care, GSK, Janssen, Novartis, Sanofi, Travere Therapeutics, Vera Therapeutics, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, and Vifor Pharma.