ISN at KSN Annual Meeting in KoreaReema Parmar
The 42nd Annual Meeting of the Korean Society of Nephrology (KSN) will take place in hybrid format, May 26-29, 2022, in Seoul, Korea. The ISN will participate in two sessions:
Basic Science Symposium: A session hosted by the ISN North and East Asia Regional Board, on Thursday, May 26, from 10:40 a.m. to 1:10 p.m. Korean Time.
The symposium will be moderated by Motoko Yanagita (Japan) and Sang-Ho Lee (Korea). Talks include:
- Fumiaki Ando (Japan): ‘Identification of an A-kinase Anchor Protein Essential for Urinary Concentration’
- Desmond Yap (Hong Kong): ‘B Cell Repertoire in Lupus Nephritis – Role in Disease Pathogenesis and Implications on Treatment’
- Jihyun Yang (Korea): ‘Acute Kidney Injury and Gut Dysbiosis’
- Linli Lv (China): ‘Extracellular Vesicles in Kidney Disease: From Basic Research to Translational Application’
- Ting-Yun Lin (Taiwan): ‘Determinants of Gut-derived Uremic Toxins’
The ISN and the KSN will hold a joint session, ‘A new approach to kidney research,’ on Saturday, May 28, from 8:30-10:30 a.m., presenting:
- Gang-Jee Ko (Korea): ‘High Protein Diet-induced Glomerular Hyperfiltration,’ from 8:30-9 a.m.
- ISN OSEA Regional Board Deputy Chair Sunita Bavanandan (Malaysia): ‘Clinical dilemmas in Heart Failure and CKD Management,’ from 9-9:30 a.m.
- ISN President-Elect Masaomi Nangaku (Japan): ‘TRANSFORM, Optimization of Animal Studies to Develop New Drugs,’ from 9:30-10 a.m.
- Ji-Whan Park (Korea): ‘Single Cell Research Update in Kidney Disease,’ from 10-10:30 a.m.